Department of Information Resources Deliverables-Based Information Technology Services (DBITS)
American Unit Inc was awarded DBITS contract for the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) under contract number DIR-CPO-4952 and Technology Category 1: Application Development, Maintenance, and Support, Technology Upgrade, Migration, and Transformation; and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP); Technology Category 3: IT Assessments, Planning, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), and Market Research, Procurement Advisory, and Contract Implementation Services; and Technology Category 4: Project and Program Management.
This contract is for services only. No hardware or software products may be sold through a DBITS contract. Resellers are not available for this DBITS contract. Services available under this Contract are limited to the technology categories defined in Request for Offer DIR-CPO-TMP-553 for deliverables-based information technology services.
Application Development, Maintenance, and Support, Technology Upgrade, Migration, and Transformation; and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Application Development is the development of new applications which may be mainframe, server, network-based, web-based or a combination and may require interfaces to existing applications. Application Maintenance and Support includes troubleshooting, modifying, maintaining, improving security, and enhancing legacy systems and applications which may be running in a production environment.
- Technology upgrade, migration, and transformation may be accomplished by converting/migrating legacy applications to new technology, either with or without new business functionality.
- Transformation may include assessments of the current application portfolio, evaluation of the technology assets before beginning technology transformation and Business Case development for justification of an initiative. Part of the transformation journey may include planning, analysis, requirements development, proof of concept, deployment, implementation, integration, remediation, data migration, documentation, application programming and support services, and training support.
- Return on investment (ROI), benchmarks, and milestones may also be appropriate to include in a transformation initiative.
- Agile methodology MAY be considered if requesting agency defines the sprint schedule, methodology, and governance which defines the process of developing, communicating, implementing, monitoring, and approving the project phases. Additional areas within scope include the following:
- Website content accessibility compliance
- Cloud transformation
- Digital transformation
- IT organizational transformation
- User acceptance testing
- ERP is an amalgamation of an organization’s information systems designed to automate and integrate a variety of functions, commonly referred to as “back office”, including financials, human resources and asset management. These systems are usually modularized and generally highly configurable. Business Process Reengineering (BPR), system or application changes, implementation, conversion services, and training are often included in an ERP initiative.
IT Assessments, Planning, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), and Market Research, Procurement Advisory, and Contract Implementation Services
- IT Assessments and Planning may include IT effectiveness, maturity, governance, and architecture. Strategic planning activities may include mission statement development, visioning and goals, objectives, and strategy development. Assessment of staff knowledge, skills and abilities, bandwidth, time and motion studies, and succession planning are included in this category. Strategic planning development and tactical planning may require the provisioning of actionable plans and roadmaps. Organization change management, enterprise architecture, cloud assessments, and network performance assessments are within scope as well.
- Also included in this category are the independent verification and validation procedures that are used together for in-depth analysis of a product, service, or system for compliance with requirements as well as the independent oversight of software (or systems) development life cycle (SDLC) processes and specifications.
- Market Research, Procurement Advisory, and Contract Implementation Services activities may include requirements gathering, facilitation activities, scoring criteria development, evaluation criteria development, negotiation guidance and assistance, and contract transition assistance.
- Cost optimization including software license cost analysis
- Financial planning and pricing structure
- Market reviews/market research
- Market engagement
- Transition/implementation assistance
- IT contract management assistance
Project and Program Management
- Project and Program management services include any or all of the project management processes identified by the Project Management Institute (PMI) as published in the most recent edition of the PMBOK® Guide, including practice guides such as Agile and Managing Change in Organization
- Examples of included services include utilizing the Customer’s tools and processes, using commercially available off-the-shelf tools, using Contract Holder’s own proprietary tools and processes to manage a project, and using the Texas Project Delivery Framework.
- This category includes, but is not limited to:
- Business case development
- Statewide impact analysis
- Cost to benefit analysis
- Risk assessment
- Stakeholder management
- Organizational change management
- Strategic planning
- Program assessment
- Agile development, training, coaching
If you are interested in more information on our services through DIR Cooperative Contracts, DIR Contract No. DIR-CPO-4952, please contact us and feel free to reference the DIR DBITS Contracts Overview.
Name: Leeni Lingamneni
Address: 2901 Dallas Pkwy, Suite 333
Plano, TX 75093
DBITS contracts provide project-based IT solutions & services and the success of the solicitation is based on the deliverable outlined in the Statement of Work (SOW) issued under the DBITS contract. Please refer to DIR’s Statement of Work page for more information about DBITS Technology Categories: )
Deliverables-Based IT Services (DBITS
DIR Cooperative Contracts
Explore the categories of IT Products and Services offered through the Cooperative Contracts Program. For more details about DIR Cooperative contract program:
DIR Cooperative Contracts
Organizations Outside of Texas
Out-of-state public entities are welcome to purchase through DIR as long as an Interstate Cooperation Contract (ICC) is established.
Organizations Outside of Texas